Are you as gifted with words as you are with styling? Got a sense of humor and a knack for finding unique noteworthy fashion and art news? Then we want you to write for The Style Note. We’re looking currently looking for writers to contribute starting immediately.
Whether you’re an experienced writer with a plethora of clips and publications behind you or a college freshman looking for a place to share your take on style, fashion, trends, color theory, art, whatever, The Style Note wants your help. The qualifications for the contributing writer positions are:
- knowledgable on current fashion/art/styling trends and news as well as general news and pop culture
- have a unique writing voice that is both personal and relatable yet informative, and are able to write grammatically correct content in various formats including short, long, how to, round up, etc.
- can contribute on a weekly basis – this is flexible and subject to change depending on the schedule of the writer/needs of The Style Note
- have experience/basic knowledge of CMS (specifically WordPress), SEO, basic html and photo editing software.
- an interest in social media and creative approaches to blog branding and advertisement is a plus
- previous journalism and blogging experience is also a plus but not necessary
While The Style Note is currently based in Chicago, and there are positive aspects of collaborating in person, the contributing writer position can be done remotely.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in feel free to send a few fashion/art centric writing samples, both long form and short, a brief description of why you would be a good fit for the blog, links to your social media and website, if you have one, to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE be sure to read over The Style Note and get a sense of the general tone and subject matter (hint: the about section is a good place to start) before you apply.